The IP routers HERMES-PRO are flexible remote-access solutions for small and medium offices. HERMES-PRO offers both: ISDN connections as well as highspeed connections via ADSL. Its comfortable user-interface (web browser) makes installation and configuration fast and easy.
HERMES-PRO/S+ comes with an internal ADSL-modem in addition to its PPPoE-port, an ISDN-interface and an integrated QoS-switch with six 10/100 Mbits ports. It provides an integrated USB port for configuration, tracing, security and update.
The router´s modular design allows the integration of additional physical interfaces, for example SDSL, V.90 modem or X.21. Apart from capacity or bandwidth restrictions, the number of users in the LAN is unlimited. The remote CAPI server provides ISDN service applications for all users, for example fax communication, remote access or file transfer.
A bundle of security features protects your network against unauthorized access: the authentication protocols PAP and CHAP, call-back routines and the integrated firewall-functionality. Filter functions based on caller-ID, on TCP- and UDP-ports check all incoming and outgoing data packets. The accounting mechanism provides detailed reports and control of all active connections.
HERMES-PRO/S+ provides for safe internet communication via IPSec-based virtual private networking (VPN). IPSec handles the authentication of communication partners, encryption and integrity of data. HERMPES-PRO/S+ supports dynamic IP numbers in combination with dynDNS and thus allows cost-optimized wide-area networking. The router´s VPN configuration is simple and communication with other manufacturers´ devices is excellent (interoperability).
- ISDN BRI with two B-channels
- Internal ADSL-modem
- PPPoE port for external modem
- Integrated QoS-Switch with six 10/100 Base-T Ports
- Processor: 66 MHz PowerPC
- Onboard memory
SDRAM: 32 MB, Flash ROM: 8 MB
- Hardware-based encryption
- USB port
- External (AC) power adapter
- Operation control LEDs
- Low power consumption: 6 Watt without fan
- Dimensions: (w x h x d) 222 x 38 x 160 mm
- Static and dynamic IP routing via ISDN-BRI, ADSL and PPPoE
- Supports both B-channels of the BRI (2x64 kBit/s)
- Intelligent channel management (Short-Hold)
- PPP with authentication CHAP and PAP
- D-channel or PPP-managed call-back
- Firewall-functionality based on iptables
- Configuration and management by web browser or telnet
- Firmware update by web browser or ftp
- ISDN signaling protocol E-DSS1
- Billing monitor
- Remote CAPI 2.0 for Windows NT/2000 and UNIX
- Supports analog V.23 modems
- Fax communication on both B-channels
- IPSec-based VPN with support of dynamic IP numbers, of dynDNS and roadwarrior-configurations
- Call for online over ISDN